Dos and Don’ts of Twitter etiquette
- use attractive title when connecting to content.
- use humor when appropriate.
- use hashtag ( 3 max per tweet)
- shorten links to given yourself more space.
- keep following new profiles.
- Give credit when retweeting or sharing someone else’s content.
- add images and videos.
- respond to your followers.
- Encourage discussions.
- Give thanks or favorite your posts when they are retweeted.
- make lists to keep track WHO” is who in your twitter feed.
- Be concise.
- Use Direct messages when appropriate.
- Use correct English, grammar, and spelling.
- Always add value.
- Share regional news, if your potential clients are regionally based.
- Ask for retweets.
- Auto direct message every follower , unless you have something valuable to offer.
- Over automate no one wants to follow a robot.
- Ignore your followers or those who retweet about you.
- Tweet about everything no one needs to know what you had for breakfast.
- Engage in arguments, unless intellectual.
- Get negative.