How to manage Negative social media comments
Your brand has been tagged in a comment or message by an angry customer. here I am going to tell you about how we can handle that easily.
- Message/comment received: Read the message or comment carefully. what is the root cause of the problem? How we can help?
- Take a screenshot: it is a good idea to document the message. it can be used for training or to share with co worker who might want to follow up.
- don’t delete: be transparent with your customers and audience. deleting message rather than resolving the main concern of customer could effect your brand. in some scenario inappropriate comments need to be deleted if you find a comment derogatory exercise your own judgement
- don’t delay: Timeliness is main factor in social media. most social media users expect to see a response with 1 hour. if necessary follow up with relevant department to give your customer a satisfactory answer.
- keep your cool: draft your reply. don’t forget the basics of a excellent customer service. your responsibility will be judged not only by the user. you are conversing with. but by all your followers. read your final draft before sending it.
- Respond: Send your reply. if possible provide an apology and a solution. This is your chance to turn a irate customer into a brand campaigner.
By following these simple tips you have just managed your first negative social media comment but just because you have addressed your customer’s concern doesn’t mean your job is done! continue to monitor your social media pages to track any activity that happens after you have done your job.